Monday 22 July 2013

Face of the Day "FOTD" #1 (07.22.13)

Hey Lovelies,

Just thought I'd pop in with a really quick "Face of the Day" post. I really liked how my makeup turned out this morning so I wanted to share! It's a chill day around the house and the boy is at work, so I wanted to keep my makeup really simple. I chose to keep the focus on my eyes and fresh rosy cheeks.

(Bought his Zebra scarf last year in Bermuda, and I seriously still can't get enough of it.)
 For this look eye look I smudged Kat Von D Autograph Pencil in"Napolitano" across my upper lash line. I then took MAC eyeshadow in "Patina" to set the eyeliner and brought that right up into my crease. To deepen my crease I took MAC eyeshadow in "Mystery" (the same colour I used for my brows) and blended that out. To finish the look I applied a couple coats of Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in "Black Drama"

(I really need to take a class in "How not to look awkward with your eyes closed". This is the best I could get.)
I wanted to keep the rest of my face looking really soft and fresh. To achieve this I used CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in "Classic Pink" with a little NYC Brozer in "Sunny" to add some colour. On my lips I used one of my current favourites, NARS lipstick in "Catfight". 

I love how this look came out and it all took less then 10 minutes! Minimal products and minimal time. No complaints there! Standout products for me are definitely the Kat Von D Autograph Pencil and the NARS lipstick.

 I'm dying to pick up and try more of these Kat Von D pencils. The consistency of them is delicious, the way they just glide on with zero pressure. They're so gentle on the eyes and they pack some HUGE colour. There is a peacock blue that I was eyeing on my last visit to Sephora... I think that may be the next addition to my collection. As for the NARS lipstick, this is a colour that I've had in my collection for a long while now and I have only recently picked it up and started using it again. I don't know what ever made me stop. It's the perfect dusty rose nude shade that goes with just about every look. I love that it is a matte so it's got that effortless quality to it that makes it almost look like it could perhaps be your natural lip colour. But the thing that really makes this something special and unlike anything else I have, is the micro gold and silver shimmer that it has to it. It's so finely milled that you can't feel it on your lips, but it causes the lipstick to catch the light is such a stunning way. 


Love you all,
Erin xx

Daily TidBits:

- I finally have my MacBook Pro back! I missed my baby so much these past few months! She's got a brand new hard drive in her and she's happily back in my arms. Never die on mommy again baby! Never!

-Yesterday, while walking through the VERY busy Costco parking lot, "J" decided that he wanted to carry me and promptly threw my over his shoulder right in front of a car that was trying to pass us! Haha! I didn't know what else to do so I just waved at the driver from atop "J"'s shoulder. Later on inside we bumped into the couple from the car, and we had a good laugh.

-I've been lazy in the self tanning department lately and have slowly faded back to my pasty white self. It makes me realize just how fantastic having a bit of colour on my skin makes me feel. I'm so much more confident wearing shorts if I have a bit of a tan. Is that strange? Meh.

8 comments:

  1. Ah I love this makeup look! You have got some amazing eyelashes; I am so jealous! I love the rosy cheeks as well. (:

    ♥ Sierra
    stylishlysierra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sierra! You're so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE your scarf and your makeup! you look wonderful!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've had the scarf for a while now and I'm still just as in love with it!

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty!
    Love the gold on the lid, i tend to this on occasion but yours looks far better! Need to try that pencil.


    -Jade xx
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you can get your hands on some Kat Von D products definitely try some. They are really fantastic quality and pigments.
      -xx

      Delete