Wednesday 8 May 2013

Thrifty OOTD (05.08.13.)

Hi Everyone!
    I've been humming and hawing for days and days now, trying to decide what to make my first blog post about. Well finally I just decided to bit the bullet and post something already!! I really liked my outfit today so I thought an OOTD (outfit of the day) would be fun. 
(Dress: vintage- ReNeu Boutique Waist Belt: American Apparel- similar)
 I'm busying applying for jobs these days and today was no exception. I wanted to wear something feminine and put together looking. Something that would make me feel super confident. It's a gorgeous summer-like day outside so I chose to finally bust out this dress I've been dying to wear. I feel like this dress is begging to have a crinoline skirt popped under it! How cute would that be?!
(Shoes: Nine West - found in a Bermudian thriftshop Sunglasses: Bizou - last year)


Searching for a job has been incredibly stressful. I absolutely hate handing out resumes. I feel all jittery and awkward. I rehearse what I want to say in my mind a million times before I go in... then after I come out I want to smack my self for all of the things I forgot to mention.
(Earrings: Found at thrift shop - Value Village )
Today I applied to a local restaurant that I really love here in town. Can I just say something (yes, because this is my blog. Muahaha!). It seems praticallly impossible to get into the waitressing business if you have never waitressed before. But how are you supposed to get experience if people will only hire you if you already have experience?! What's the secret? I guess you just have to luck out with an employer who is willing to take a chance on you.
(Face: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder , Covergirl Cheekers in "Classic Pink" Eyes: Wet n' Wild Colour Icon palette in "Petal Pusher", Wet n' Wild Eyeliner in "Black", Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara Lips: Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte in "101") 
Alright, well there you have it! My first blog post is officially done! Woot! See now Erin, was that so scary? Are any of you guys hunting for jobs? How have you found the process?
love and kisses,
Erin

Twitter: @erin_bulger          Instagram: erinbulger
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty dress and cute pictures. Good luck on the job hunting--I know it's stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Amy! Positivity is the key!

      Delete
  2. Cute dress - and, yes, it would look lovely with a crinoline too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Michelle, I really love it. I'm now on the hunt for an inexpensive crinoline.

      Delete
  3. Hi Erin! Gorgeous dress and great first post! I love your make-up in the last photo, perhaps you could do a how to post next? N :D

    natoodle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natasha! Thank you :D I would love to do a post on this makeup look. Great suggestion. Keep an eye out for it in the near future!

      Delete